Bunker the Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASSETS.....??

4 posters

Go down

ASSETS.....?? Empty ASSETS.....??

Post  pauloseamano Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:40 pm

Sorry i have to get on here and do this but this is getting stupid now, it was discussed in the last meeting that ALL current assets need to be passed on for test in engine and both jack and myself have requested that this be done without much luck. For the record, up to this point since the last meeting only Bill and Rob have made any contact via the forums and the only assets that have been posted are not going to be useful as they are not in the correct format or not accessible. We requested assets leaving enough time to get tests done with the engine in the hopes of getting our current problems with regards to textures solved by the next meeting. Somebody needs to explain to us as well as mike and barry as to what is going on here because we've had little explanation or assets in some cases but non in most.
If you have assets of any discription they need to be sent and barry and mike need to have an explanation of what's been going on as we have asked for this stuff and havn't got any response in most cases of any sort.

Sorry i had to do this but this shouldn't have been a problem and this stuff should have been handed off as everyone in the meeting is aware.

pauloseamano

Back to top Go down

ASSETS.....?? Empty Re: ASSETS.....??

Post  Jack Serjeant Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:50 pm

Yeah I agree, we have only got one weekend before the next meeting and all the programmers have lectures on Monday so we are really pushed for time. Really all we can do now is test the assets in the engine as we are not going to have time to fix any bugs.

I can’t understand why we have had no assets over Easter, after at the last meeting says handing off assets was most important.

Jack Serjeant

Back to top Go down

Post  foofly Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:03 pm

http://www.mediafire.com/?xzjpxpl14y3

That's the link to the run cyce for the animation...
it's in maya ascci file, which is turned into the .md5 via the game engine. As we've descovered, Sorry for not getting these online early, I've only just got back on a PC that works after the wonders of Easter break.
foofly
foofly
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/foofly

Back to top Go down

Post  pauloseamano Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:27 pm

you need to get that maya file exported to MD5, we don't have maya to do it, can you try it with that exporter you used a while ago that gave MD5 files, we can't export files other than in the room we have our meetings in...

pauloseamano

Back to top Go down

Post  foofly Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:04 pm

I need some help creating the .def files. I'll give exporting in Quake a go on Monday in E8. All the animation is done and exported to .ma ready to be converted to the .md5 format.

I will try and render some of these out as a video (my render isn't working for some reason). And post them on here asap.

completed animations
character_idle.ma 200 frames
character_run.ma 32 frames
character_walk.ma 64 frames
character_sneak.ma 128 frames

Do we require a crouching idle animation and a "argh I'm being attacked" animation?

Was there anything else that required animating whilst I'm doing stuff with the character.
I couldn't get the bag attached to the rig so I've took if off for the time being (seeing as time is an issue at the moment), but I'll try and get it attached some how.

The files are here if anyone want's to download and check them in Maya.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mx1xyw8umj5
foofly
foofly
Admin

http://www.myspace.com/foofly

Back to top Go down

Post  captainsavvy Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:22 am

I'm REALLY sorry for being so quiet over Easter.
I had no internet for about 95% of it and i've only just got back to newport this weekend.
the control room is modelled, but as usual, the normals are still fucked.
the model that i believe jack and rob managed to get to work didn't have any of the control panels or the inside 'windows' and as soon as they were added, the normals went apeshit again.
I gave a copy of the control room model and texture to rob before i left for easter cos i knew he'd have internet while i didn't and he's got 3ds max to convert it.

i'll ask him to convert it and upload it to the humyo thing asap, fucked normals and all.
i can't apologise enough Sad
captainsavvy
captainsavvy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down