Bunker the Game
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Message for Rob....

Go down

Message for Rob.... Empty Message for Rob....

Post  pauloseamano Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:32 pm

Could you do that tutorial video again but exactly as the video does it so make a basic model in max and do a basic texture etc, only do the video up until he changes the paths in notepad for the .ASE file, i think there might be a problem with the models and that's why we might not be getting any textures on.
If you could do this ASAP and send me the files so i can test it,

Cheers

(got a downloaded Doom 3 .ASE model into Quake 4 with a texture on......the file paths we were using were right but still nothing so need to find out why)

pauloseamano

Back to top Go down

Message for Rob.... Empty Re: Message for Rob....

Post  pauloseamano Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:05 pm

I've loaded one of our models into the model viewer and the normals don't look the same as any other models so i'm pretty sure the textures don't work because the normals arn't right. Coul you take a look at the normals on the can model to start with and if they are messed up can you fix them and send me the new file.

This is a link to an ASE model that i downloaded and that DOES work in game with a texture that i put on it, the normals for this on the quake model viewer look different to the normals on our models.
http://www.humyo.com/1853983-132283617

If you could sort this out that should sort the problems with textures out

pauloseamano

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum